... a mother, writing about adventures in assisting and advocating for her young adult son who has special needs,
invites you to come along for the ride.




Thursday, January 22

Change of plans...

Once again, we had to change our plans for the day...

Our son David had a seizure this morning as I helped him get dressed for his day. His seizures are pretty vigorous and take a lot out of him. So it's underrstandable that he requires sleep after them.

Anyway, we had a different day than what we expected. I had a day of errands planned, which had to be postponed; and David's plans had to be changed also. Typically, David attends a Day Hab Program every weekday... but not today. Today David spent his time spent resting and sleeping.

I filled my day with things that I would have done while at home in the evenings. My errands will get done another day. One thing we definitely have learned in dealing with our son's epilepsy is to be flexible... we always have a "Plan B".

On Thursday's I typically post a note to the blog called my Thankful List.
This Thursday, I am only adding one item to my list... there'll be more next week.

This week, I'm truly thankful for David's day habilitation program.
The program David attends on weekdays is UCP-Bham's Adult Program at LINCPoint. It's available for young adults with developmental disabilities in the Birmingham area. Our young adults with developmental disabilities are included in one or more of the various things available through UCP. It is an excellent program... with so much to offer!

...

No comments: