... a mother, writing about adventures in assisting and advocating for her young adult son who has special needs,
invites you to come along for the ride.




Friday, August 21

Friday Free Time

It's Friday. I normally schedule myself some free time on Fridays just because I'm not actually free on the weekends. All moms with children can relate, and those with special needs children can really relate. The weekend time schedule is usually more under our own control, but the actual events of the days are definitely not. But that's okay, as long as we schedule ourselves some free time somewhere else in the week. It's important.

Free time activities are really different for everyone, according to our personalities and personal tastes. Here are a few of mine:

  • Dining out with my husband
  • Talking with my sons, my sons' wives, and my grandchildren
  • Reading (especially my Bible and stories about the lives of missionaries)
  • Having a bit of quiet time, just to myself... for clear-headed thinking
  • Looking at stacks and stacks of photographs of my family
  • Planning those "never-gonna-happen" home remodeling projects : )
  • Researching fun things to do "someday"
  • Taking a walk with my youngest
  • and most importantly, spending 'time alone' with God


Hopefully, we are all able to find some free time sometime... and make the best use of it! Which, of course, sort of contradicts the whole idea of "free" time, doesn't it?

If you have some unique ideas of how to use your free time that would be beneficial to parents of children with special needs, I'd love to hear about it! Comments are welcome...and monitored by me to be sure nothing crazy gets posted here to embarrass me or anyone. So, shoot me an email or post a comment here if you have anything interesting that other parents of children with special needs should be doing for rest/relaxation/recuperation! : )


"I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint."
...

No comments: