... a mother, writing about adventures in assisting and advocating for her young adult son who has special needs,
invites you to come along for the ride.




Thursday, November 6

Thankful Thursday

I can't start a paragraph about thankfulness without sharing my thankfulness for the Lord God Almighty. I am forever thankful for my God and His immeasurable love, for His Son Jesus and His substitutionary sacrifice for the lives of sinners like me, and for the Holy Spirit and His direction in my daily life.

The past few weeks I have been continuing to learn to be thankful - even though trials persist. This week, I am thankful ...

1) my husband and I have a reliable vehicle and money for the fuel for a 12+ hour "road trip" to TX to meet our newborn grandchildren in two TX cities!
2) that we have tools for helping us cope with the struggle of being in that vehicle for so many hours.
3) our son with special needs is a terrific traveler and patient passenger, actually enjoying such lengthy trips.
4) our older sons' wives are so welcoming and accommodating of "Uncle David".
5) the time spent with our grown children is such a blessing!
6) that long-distance grand-parenting is going to be possible, and made even more accessible through the marvel of technology... online photo albums and video phone calls!
7) that our newborn grandchildren are in God's hands!
8) that Austin and Megan (our grandchildren) are in the hands of loving parents.
9) that both Megan and Austin will, occasionally, be in the hands of loving grandparents - either in TX, or in Alabama!
10) that both grandchildren will have loving church families that will supplement the prayer and care of their parents and grandparents.




"I will give thanks to You,
for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well."

No comments: